“When you can feel the peace
of the early morning
in your chest
the horses neigh
ready to take you home”
Prayer to the Earth is a story of an inner journey.
Of returning home, to the source.
A plain story of a woman
who reveals herself in the sanctuary of nature.
She allows herself to be vulnerable
and surrenders to Love,
to purify her
of all that has prevented her to be truly happy.
It is a poetry which opens, uncovers, liberates.”
PRAYER TO THE EARTH
Romana Ercegovic, Authoress of poetry and performeress
Bostjan Jurjevcic, Author and performer of music (leading chanting, didgeridoo, fujara, Native American flute, Native American drum, Balinese bell, rainmaker)
Premiere: 6th of June 2000 in the Theatre Ptuj
Premiere in English: 26th of May 2001, festival Rites of Spring, Massachusetts
Romana Ercegovic, wrote the poetry, translated it into English, stage directed it, performed it and took care of the organization of the performances and the CD
Bostjan Jurjevcic, author and performer of music (leading chanting, didgeridoo, fujara, Native American flute, Native American drum, Balinese bell, rainmaker)
- Majda Fridl, choreography advising
- Darko Ferlinc, graphic design
- Mojca Vocko, language supervision
- Marija Svetelsek, language supervision
- Branka Mladenič-Blazin, directress of video
- Stojan Kerbler, photographer (see Photo-gallery)
- Miha Zabret, author of photographs on front and back pages of the CD Prayer to the Earth and in Photo-gallery
- Sandra Pozun, photographer
- Ivana Ercegovic helped with the organization
Sincere thanks to everybody who supported the realization of the performances.
- General sponsor: TALUM d.d Kidricevo
- Other sponsors: Lekarna TOPlek, Vargas d.o.o, Ami d.o.o, Vital d.o.o, Techcenter d.o.o, Izvir d.o.o, TeVe Ptuj d.o.o